AFSCME District Council 20 Announces Endorsement of Candidates for District of Columbia Vacant Ward SeatsMarch 11, 2015 - 0 Comments
Union Endorses Ward 8 Candidate LaRuby May and Ward 4 Candidate Brandon Todd Washington, DC March 11, 2015: On Wednesday, March 11,...
- January 24, 2012 - 0 Comments
Photos from the National Action Network Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast.
- January 24, 2012 - 0 Comments
Coalition of Black Trade Unionist Gallery Photos. A collection of photos from a recent CTBU Convention in St. Louis,...
- November 29, 2011 - 0 Comments
The MLK Memorial Dedication was a huge success! Thousands of AFSCME members came to the nation’s capital on October...
- "I started working at DPW/SWEEP as an inspector in 2005. From the first day I was performing my inspector duties, admin duties and supervisor’s duties. I helped when and where needed. In 2010 I along with a group of people went to the union (local 2091) tired of being denied/passed up for promotions despite receiving excellent evaluations, performing well beyond my duties and praise from supervisors. In November 2010 Local 2091 filed a grievance on my behalf requesting a promotion and retroactive pay. In December 2010 a response was issued from the Director of DPW acknowledging DPW had violated DPM, Subpart “B” Promotions, Section 8.3 and awarded me a settlement of a promotion and retroactive pay. The union got me the resolution I deserved! Thank you 2091 for fighting for me like I was your only member!"YolandaMember AFSCME Local 2091, DPW
- "I am thankful to Geo T. Johnson and AFSCME Local 2401 for their hard work and dedication in working on the Jacks Case. This ordeal was an unjust act against the three of us. This was a life changing experience for me. Going through this ordeal was a hardship and a true test of my faith. Unfortunately, you don’t know how your union dues are used, until you are faced with a situation such as ours. There were several times, I did not think this case was going to be resolved. I am truly happy and excited to be back at work. We were truly supported by our colleagues at the Child and Family Services Agency. To this date, I am still receiving gracious and heartfelt comments from my colleagues. I want to give a special thanks to Stephen White, Staff Representative, who in my opinion was a pillar of strength to the three of us. Throughout the madness we were faced with, he really stood in our corner, lend an ear when we needed to vent and was frustrated. However, he always kept the momentum by being encouraging and supportive. I now consider Stephen a friend and I am truly grateful we met."NikoleMember of AFSCME Local 2401
- “The union representatives at DPW worked very hard to help me keep my job when I was in a bad situation and needed their assistance. They represented me professionally and diligently worked on my case. I appreciate the reps, they helped DPW see that I am a good employee.”MoniqueMember of Local 2091, DPW
- "My name is Samuel and I am a member of Local 1959. I have been working with DCPS Transportation Department since 2002 and unfortunately without my knowing they terminated me from my job in May of 2010. Since day one, the union has been examining my case, following the proper procedures and now my case has been won. I am very pleased with the way local 1959 and Council 20 handled my case!"SamuelMember of Local 1959